Friday, May 27, 2011

Quick Weight Check / Allergist Visit Update

Tyler had an allergist visit yesterday so I figured I'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone and do a quick weight check at the GI's office since it's less than a mile from the allergist office. (The allergist doesn't have an infant scale and the plop-him-on-the-scale-with-clothes-and-a-diaper weight skews any progress.) The scale read 19 lbs 12.4 ounces, a +7.4 oz gain in one week. Wahoo! To say the ng tube is working is an understatement. Usually Tyler would take a month or two to gain that much weight.

Dr. Shimamoto was pleased with the gain and would like to try apples or pears next week. He is hoping to have Tyler on a couple foods before we do another scope. Originally we had an appointment to see McOmber in July but I got a call from McOmber's office this morning saying they could get us in June 7th. I can't wait to see what the scale says in a week and a half.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight gain and the apples trial! I've got my fingers crossed for apple success!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only we were all so excited about gaining 7.4 oz. in a week...
    That's great news! :) It's been a few years since I've looked at infant boy growth charts, but almost 20 lbs. at 1 yr old doesn't seem that tiny, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY! Progress is always comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome to hear! As tough as the decision to get an NG tube is... it's so worth it when you see such wonderful results! Our son's NG tube changed our life, for the better! It relieves so much stress when you know that no matter how little they eat or drink during the day, you have a means of getting that precious nutrition in them so they can THRIVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can, I just.... say. UM. THIS SO SUCKS FOR YOU!!!! You must be EXHAUSTED. All good news aside, I just want to run around the block from where I used to live, scoop up the kids and let you sleep for a couple of days and shift the load off your shoulders for just a bit. I'm so sorry my friend. I adore you. It is super frustrating to watch you go through all this, and putting a good face on it (I actually would print the bad words I think!!!) just makes it all the more poignant. This wee babe was supposed to be a breeze simply because I PREDICTED IT! I feel responsible somehow. Predictions aside, I love you. Please come up to Utah so I can toss you on a bed, and we'll let the kids roam at the water park. Seriously. Sure love you. Let me know what I can do!!! (Print the bad words you're thinking in your head? I got a long list of possibilities. ;D)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kept reading your other blog and then found this one. What a difficult situation this is. You are such a great mom, and I'm sure this just breaks your heart to have to deal with all this. Hope that they will be able to make some more progression with your sweet boy. I can't believe you have 5 BOYS!! Time sure has flown by.

    ReplyDelete